Skip to content
Thanks to our sponsors for their support

Author Topic: Eastern Promise RR  (Read 5108 times)

AidanMc

• Forum member
Eastern Promise RR
« on: June 10, 2010, 05:57:51 PM »
The ERC promoted Eastern Promise RR was held under challenging conditions on Wednesday evening, with the wind being the most difficult adversary on the night.

The race was animated by breakaways throughout, with the two danger men David Lines and Gordon Murdoch somehow being allowed to go clear at the same time at the end of lap 1 with two other riders to form the winning break that would fill the podium positions, as they wasted no time putting the hammer down and building a substantial lead.  I was looking to ride an aggressive race to test my legs and see how my fitness is coming along with the RR champs on Saturday, I was feeling strong jumping across to any chase groups on the sharp climb but each time they were brought back due to the gale force headwind following the summit.  I eventually broke free from the clutches of the peloton towards the end of lap 2 with an attack into the wind up a punchy hill, I was joined a few minutes later by Jamie Kennedy and Stuart McGregor.  The three of us worked very hard together to build a good gap over a nervous peloton being blasted into echelons by the wind.  We continued to hold our advantage over the bunch and could see that we were making steady ground on the leaders but the wind was too strong, I was suffering from awful lower back pain as a result and struggling to put the power down.  Coming into the closing miles McGregor clipped off to take 4th, Kennedy and myself continued to work together right up to the line to take 5th and 6th, a good decision on both sides as the rider to bring home the bunch sprint came shooting past just after I crossed the line.

1.David Lines (ENDURA)
2.Tim Allan (SPOKES RT)
3.Gordon Murdoch (EAST KILBRIDE RC)
4.Stuart MacGregor (DOOLEYS)
5.Jamie Kennedy (GLASGOW COURIERS)
6.Aidan Mcilroy (ERC)

Well done to all the riders who completed the race under such savage conditions, congratulations to Davie Lines for his victory and also to Anne Ewing of ERC taking 1st woman.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 09:41:34 PM by AidanMc »

tomcabbage

• Forum member
Re: Eastern Promise RR
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2010, 05:07:54 PM »
Nice performance Aidan...it's a good thing that your knocked knee wasn't too serious...
Also well done to Jamie Kennedy...I know that he is an avid reader of ERC's forums...
Good luck this weekend too...
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 12:49:59 PM by tomcabbage »

grantus

• Forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 02:50:34 PM »
Was wondering if anyone had the full results?

Whitson

• attachers
  • Forum member
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:16:10 PM »
Apologies for the delay in posting the results. There was a problem over who was entered and who was not that would affect the result.
Mr Lines unfortunately did not have an entry (despite his protestations to the contrary) and therefore was not insured to race. DSQ.
Revised Prize List :
1st      Tim   Allan                   Spokes           3
2nd     Gordon   Murdoch   East Kilbride RC   1
3rd      Stuart   MacGregor   Dooleys R.T.   V2
4th      Jamie   Kennedy   Glasgow Couriers   2
5th      Aidan   McIlroy   Edinburgh R.C.   3   1st  3rd Cat.
6th      Andrew   Leith           Dooley's Cycles   J3   1st  Junior
12th    Gordon   Plenderleith   East Kilbride RC   V3   1st  Vet
16th     Lindsay   Gordon   Musselburgh RCC   4   1st  4th Cat.
32nd    Anne   Ewing     ERC/thebicycleworks.com   1st Woman

Apologies to Nicky Cronin who was announced as the first 4th Cat on the night.
Unfortunately once the photos were analysed there turned out to be others further up the finish order.

Aidan also wins the Eastern Promise Lantern for the first ERC rider accross the line.

Well done all for making a race out of what is a testing course and was a pretty windy night and especially to the girls for giving it a good go.
The full Finish Sheet is attached :

« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 05:12:18 AM by Whitson »
Impossible is only an opinion.

grantus

• Forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 07:37:35 AM »
No worries Ken, thanks :)

Sitemap 1 2 3 4 5 
SMF 2.0.14 | SMF © 2013, Simple Machines