Skip to content
Thanks to our sponsors for their support

Author Topic: ERC Eastern Promise Road Race 2005  (Read 4484 times)

cyclops

ERC Eastern Promise Road Race 2005
« on: June 15, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »
A very brief review of tonight's Eastern Promise Race:
I was in one of the lead cars and therefore didn't get the best review of the race (although sometimes the riders did appear "closer than they really were" through my rear view mirror).

The race got off to a flying start with a large number of ERC riders (approximately 1/4 of the field). Lee put in an early attack and got away for a short period, but was soon chased down. As predicted by Jonny earlier there was some classic racing which followed, notably from John Stollery, Jack Woodward and Stuart MacGregor all of whom remained in which ever group happened to be leading at any particular point. It all came down to the main breakaway fighting amongst themselves towards the end of the last lap, with each of the main contenders fighting it out on the front. An early attack from Jack on the last lap was chased down by Stuart who was determined to get the win. He counter attacked trying to take advantage of Jack's effort. But Jack was having none of it, and eventually cam past him about 2 feet from the line.

Sorry there isn't a great deal here on our own riders (as I couldn't see the main part of the race and what I could see was behind me so couldn't see numbers etc). I know they all worked really hard and given the standard of the field they all did well to finish the race at all let alone high up in the bunch.

Special thanks must go to Jonny May the race organiser who was very close to cancelling the race at the eleventh hour (and I mean the eleventh hour) with a lack of entries, a lack of volunteer helpers and more crucially a lack of a commisaire. Well done Jonny on a well organised and safe race (you even managed to keep it dry).

If anyone else has a more detailed report please add it to the web site.

I have put some photos (mainly of the finish) on the website.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2005, 04:00:00 PM by cyclops »

Jonny May

ERC Eastern Promise Road Race 2005
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 04:00:00 PM »
PositionNameClubTime
1Jack WoodwardThe Bicycleworks1hr 51min 15s
2Stuart MacGregorC21 Multisport / Specialized1hr 51min 15s
3Andrew CookManx Viking Wheelers CC@ 1s
4Barry McGurkGlasgow Couriers@ 13s
5Paul McWallsPedal Power RT@19s
6John StolleryVelo Ecosse@ 1min 4s
7James McCallumPedal Power RT@ 1min 51s