Since each rider is expected to be self supporting, you should consider carrying the kit listed below.
* At least one, but preferably two, spare inner tubes.
* A working pump
* Puncture repair kit - for those awful days when two tubes aren't enough.
* Tyre levers - 2/3
* A multi tool - to adjust gears etc
* Other optional tools eg chain breaker
* Even in winter hydration is important so each rider should carry a water bottle.
* Personal first aid - plasters, antiseptic wipes etc
* Money - for the cafe stop
* Although groups often have a cafe stop it's a good idea to carry some spare food eg energy bars, bananas etc
* Scottish weather is unpredictable all the year round so it's always advisable to carry a waterproof cycling jacket
Check the What's on? diary page for details of club activities.
Ask a question, buy and sell bike stuff or catch up on the latest event reports on the Edinburgh RC forums.