4th April 2010
1 Kittle Yards
Start time - 20:00.
Present:- Ken Whitson, Jonny May, Graham Jones, Cliff White, Gareth George, Colin Russell, Dougal Allan, Alastair Crawford.
Apologies:- Simon Bullock, Jen Lang, Peter Ness.
GJ has set up Zoho minutes and report system. Chair to send reminder one week before next meeting.
Minutes from last month's meeting agreed as accurate.
Go ride status for ERC imminent.
CW developing coaching pathway to show available coaching to make clear what is availlable to members coaching wise.
Still to recruit mens team manager.
Content for track web page to be discussed.
AC. Proposed tri squad idea met with approval, and has resulted in increased numbers of ERC members taking out TS licences. Discussion on how Y and J triathletes could be helped.
KW (Juniors report) Juniors CX a resounding success with 43 riders taking part. Pictures available. Jen to send expenses to TB. Juniors track start delayed to Fri 30th April. G. Fleming and A Watson assisting at the track. Juniors meeting moved to Monday evenings from 13th April. Nothing to report from ESCA.
GG Cycling Scotland transferring sponsorship of the Ingliston series to Scottish Cycling. Also developing a deal with an existing sponsor.
"¢ General Enquiries - e-mail received from Jamie Wilson re Saturday morning group rides
"¢ General Enquiries - e-mail received from Dave Henderson re Ingliston crits and XC race categories
"¢ General Enquiries - e-mail received from Luke Johnstone re Ingliston crits & Scottish Skinny Tyre Series
"¢ Cecilia Cooper, Action Medical Research - wanting to know if the club would like to be associated with the charity. Is someone willing to discuss further the charity's goals and development of their cycling activities in Scotland. (Initial contact made via Ken Russell.)
"¢ General Enquiries - e-mail received from Stephen Begg re Ingliston crits
"¢ General Enquiries - e-mail received from Kate Rew re open water swimming. Jim Leach has responded.
"¢ General Enquiries - e-mail received from Neil Shannon Australian triathlete looking for group cycle rides
"¢ General Enquiries - e-mail received from Chris Hill - criticism of ERC Saturday ride group behavior (Colin Russell has already posted a response).
"¢ General Enquiries - e-mail received from Jonny Willett - mtber interested in road riding. Looking to hire an ERC road bike if he joins the club. Message forwarded to Colin Russell.
"¢ General Enquiries - e-mail received from Robert Engmann - visiting American looking to borrow or hire a bike in order to join the Saturday peleton in late April.
"¢ General Enquiries - e-mail received from Stuart Doyle - charity ride from Athens Parthenon to Edinburgh Carlton Hill Parthenon - looking for contacts to assist (in any shape or form).
"¢ Info on Deeside Duathlon & Triathlon forwarded to tri mailing list.
"¢ Info on Junior Inter-regional Tri Champs forwarded to tri mailing list.
"¢ Tri coaching course info received from Jacqui Dunlop - Colin Russell has posted this up on forum.
"¢ Ian Rivans - Sports Centre booked for Kirky 10 Series.
"¢ ESCA minutes received from Ann Urquhart 7/3/10 but web version from Ken Whitson still required.
GJ Membership this year now 449. Over 40 ERCs attended training camp in Mallorca. New ERC kit due next week.
"¢ There are large payments due for Ingliston and Super6 levies. The balance is also slightly inflated by early entries for the Meldons and the Lothian Flyer.
"¢ Sponsorship was received from Martin Currie via Cameron Stewart.
"¢ Six monthly sponsorship was received from the Tri Centre.
"¢ A contribution was received from Scottish Cycling towards the Super6.
"¢ Field and Lawn's invoicing arrangements for 2010/11 sponsorship have been clarified and put in place.
"¢ A donation was made to Innerleithen MTB Racing for the Alastair Lees Memorial Race.
"¢ 3 large payments were made in March; annual dinner, club handbook and tri section kit. This should be fully reimbursed as tri section kit is sold.
"¢ I wrote to Ena Murdoch thanking her for her donation to the Club at the annual dinner.
"¢ An agreed refund was transferred to Morag Lamont for juniors attending the annual dinner.
KW Cycling Plus magazine doing feature on ERC including group photo shoot.
Off Road. Two meetings held to discuss forthcoming season.
RTTT Lots of track related enquiries. Ross Crook organising try the track day. Mens squads finalised.
CR. Neil Muir running series of events developing TT skills.
Club Dinner - sub-committee to be formed to discuss next year's event.
Super 6 Races at Gifford. Feedback sought about next year's event, safety and reducing field for support race. Consideration given to extending neutralised zone.
News item for website - A Better Way to Work campaign by The Bikestation.
Henry Thomson and Tom Chrisp suggested road race programme for complete novices. Idea to be considered further - CW.
AOCB Re-arrange agenda to include S6 feedback. (Community work near Gifford - CW). Sponsorship policy to be discussed - CW.
Next meeting May 3rd, at 1 Kittle Yards, Causewayside at 19:30.
Meeting closed at 23:15.
n.b. It is committee policy not to publish details of club finances on the web - if you would like a full unabridged set of these minutes please contact club secretary Jonny May.
Check the Edinburgh RC forums to read the latest event reports and find out what club members are talking about.